Viewing 5 posts - 1 through 5 (of 5 total)
  • Author
    Susan Quigley

You talk about that we don’t have free-will, yet I feel that I do. Please explain.

Lewis Almeida

Hello Susan,
    Excellent question, you must have come across this idea from my videos. What I understand from studying and learning from my experiences that it appears that free-will is the norm. We are aware of our desires, which is, I want this, I want that, I desire to love, I desire to hate, and etc. However, what is actually occurring is that we are aware of our desires but unaware of the causes of our desires.
    I know this is confusing, fortunately, with some mental and emotional effort this will become clearer to you. Example: You may have decided to go to lunch with a friend and you mentally planned to have a health tuna salad and soup but when the waiter came for your order you decided that you wanted a burger, fries and a coke. Much later, you feel guilty of your choices because you really wanted to stick with healthy eating habits.
    Why do we go against our wishes? It’s because we don’t understand the root causes of what motivates us. In our school, a part of growth is to understand the essential causes of our desires and in this effort to understand we gain emotional and intelligence power then, in time you’ll become conscious of your desires and where do they take you.
    The goal is to become a Master-of-Oneself,
    Lewis

Allen Lopez

Dear Lewis,
    What’s the big dial about free will? What does it matter?
    Allen

Lewis Almeida

Hello Allen,
    I think you wanted to say “what is the big deal” about free will. The big deal about free-will is that it’s erroneous information. As you begin to see and understand that the law of necessity permeates all living things that exist. For every effect there must be a cause for the effect to take place. Nothing happens without a cause for it to be. When you become a student of Spinoza’s philosophy in time you’ll understand this truth for now it just doesn’t seem to make any sense at all.

Lewis

Dan Pierce

Hi Lewis
    It free will isn’t true why don’t scientist know about it?
    Dan

Viewing 5 posts - 1 through 5 (of 5 total)
  • You must be logged in to reply to this topic.