Viewing 5 posts - 1 through 5 (of 5 total)
  • Author
    Alice Kimeko

How can I find happiness and where is it?

Lewis

Hello Alice,
    What is happiness? It seems that we all want happiness and we all have different beliefs how it comes about. It may come from material gain, money, fame, the perfect relationship, love, and pleasures such as food, drugs, sex, gambling, and shopping. As you see from this example that this kind of happiness doesn’t last very long, that is, it’s fleeting. Spinoza helped me realize that happiness is not a physical or tangible thing: it is something that comes from inside us. So, that may answer your second question, which is, where can one find happiness? What I mean by inside us is that, we are happy when we learn how to think clearly and the process of understanding clearly. Happiness comes about when we actively apply our thinking to specific problem and it’s in the process of making the effort to examine and understand increases our mental and emotional powers.

• This reply was modified 9 years, 6 months ago by Lewis.
    Lewis

Alice,
    More on happiness:
    Happiness is a state of mind, meaning, if we learn how to think clearly we feel and experience its strength, power and joy. Our happiness is in the understanding and realization of the true cause of our thinking (ideas) which is from God’s nature. We all assume that happiness is being in love or having money or lots of material stuff or the perfect place to live. All these pursuits can be easily taken from us or we end up being disappointed: which causes us to scramble in hope for the next thing that’ll make us feel good.
    Fortunately, if we learn how to love and connect with that which is infinite and eternal then we’ll know that our life will be truly filled with joy and happiness.
    Lewis

William Scott

Lewis
    I found happiness through my dog ‘Peppie’ what’s wrong with that?
    Wil

Gregg Martin

Hello William,
    Yes, happiness does come about from our loving pets; however, it doesn’t last, meaning, the minute you leave your home you are stuck with you. There is another kind of love that comes from an active mind, that is, from an active and creative mind. In the process of coming to your own understanding on how your intelligence can be satisfied is the work that we do that just might interest you. Explore this website, take what interest you and maybe you’ll be stimulated to take action.
    Lewis

• This reply was modified 9 years, 6 months ago by Lewis.
Viewing 5 posts - 1 through 5 (of 5 total)
  • You must be logged in to reply to this topic.