Home Page Forum Discussion Way of Spinoza Forum Harry’s difficulty in understanding Spinoza

Viewing 1 post (of 1 total)
  • Author
    Lewis
    Keymaster

Hello Harry,

Thank for your interest in what I do as a teacher of Spinoza and Gurdjieff’s philosophy. First of all, my goal is to take these ideas and incorporate them into our being to understand. The understanding includes the mind, the body and the emotions. Just studying Spinoza or Gurdjieff intellectually without the emotion of love and desire is impossible. Many of my students have Spinoza’s Ethics untouched in their library. Even university scholars reach only the surface of Spinoza ideas without real understanding. The understanding that I am talking about is living these ideas, when understood can literally change your character. It is actually an awakening process.

You said you read Gurdjieff ideas in Ouspensky’s book “In Search of the Miraculous.” In that book pages 66, Gurdjieff explains that man is asleep, how can you put real knowledge when you are in a semi-conscious sleep state? Spinoza has a method of awakening the mind, that is, the clear-thinking part of the mind that wants to understand.

Unfortunately, mankind suffers because he lives in the past, in his memory and in his imagination. Spinoza explains, the mind is a thinking thing, it has both clarity and confusion. Most of us live in a confused part of the mind. Therefore, what you want to do is find out if this work is for you? Do you want to live from and higher level of intelligence, an aware state that you have a real sense of self? It is possible to come to your own self-approval and a love of self, no longer dependent on others because you are filled with your own.

Let me know when you want to have a 30min conversation on how I work. There is no obligation, I just need your Skype name or WhatsApp number or I can Zoom you. You decide. I just need a time and day that best suits you.

Mastering Our Emotions,
    Lewis

Viewing 1 post (of 1 total)
  • You must be logged in to reply to this topic.