Tagged: ,

Viewing 6 posts - 1 through 6 (of 6 total)
  • Author
    Lewis
    Keymaster

Gurdjieff said that man is asleep. How do we know?

There are many exercises that show we are asleep, for if we were awake we would remember the promises that we’ve made to ourselves instead of daydreaming and being lost in imagination.

Paul Jennings

Lewis,
    I don’t get it. It’s obvious the I’m awake how can I be asleep? Tell me more….

Fred Murphy

Lewis,
    It sound like you are confused, we are not asleep, how can we function if we were asleep?

Lewis Almeida

Hello Fred,
    I recommend that you read and study “In Search of the Miraculous” it’ll help you see and understand what it means to be asleep. In reality, we are directed by our emotional states that are triggered by a real situation; however, our memory patterns interpret how and what we see, consequently, results in irrational behavior on our part.

Unfortunately, we don’t function very well; however, there is a way out, which is, the process of awakening our mind. That is what this school is about: how to awaken our intelligence.

Lewis

Jeff Johnson

Lewis,
    Tell me more about your group, the cost, and where do you meet?
    Jeff

Lewis Almeida

Our group is actually a school which attracts international students from all over the world in different time zones. Using Skype enables us to connect with one another as if we were in the same room. It’s truly exciting. As you search on this website “wayofspinoza’ it’ll give you a feeling of what we do and what is necessary. The only requirement is that you are sincere and want to improve your character, meaning, that you are dissatisfied with where you are emotionally, mentally, and spiritually. There is another requirement for real change and growth to occur; which is, that you must be disappointed with the current direction of your life and that you are sensitive that there must be something more.
    Everyone is striving for happiness and unfortunately what everyone is following are superficial ways to give us momentary pleasures. We are all suffering and it’s in this feeling of emptiness is the reason we are seeking happiness. Fortunately, through the applications of the teachings of Spinoza, Gurdjieff, LaoTzu, and Jesus is it possible to arrive on the threshold of fulfillment.
    Regarding cost: There are no flat fees, it only depends on you. After two free 30 min sessions with me then you’ll see if what we do will work for you, then, we’ll get an idea what is affordable. No one is refused because a lack of money. If you are truly sincere we’ll work something out.
    I use the same method that my late teacher used in working with students and I recommend his book which can be purchased on amazon.com, the title is “How to Solve Life’s Problems” applying the ideas of Gurdjieff and Spinoza. Each page gives us an example of what real work and growth looks like.
    Lewis

Viewing 6 posts - 1 through 6 (of 6 total)
  • You must be logged in to reply to this topic.