Home Page Forum Discussion Way of Spinoza Forum What did Jesus, Lao Tzu and Spinoza have in common?

Viewing 1 post (of 1 total)
  • Author
    Lewis
    Keymaster

What did Jesus, Spinoza, and Lao Tzu have in common?

Jesus spoke in parables and in his parables which are deeply hidden gems of truth and clarity he wanted to help man become conscious and aware of the possibility of coming to a higher character and be one with themselves, and one with God.
    Lao Tzu spoke poetically and in his poems he expresses man can come to a higher character and be in one with all.
    Spinoza developed a method how man can rise to a higher character by improving and awaken the mind of man by his Ethics which includes philosophy, psychology, science and mathematics.

This work that I do I learned the basics from my teacher Mr. Gregory Grover whom I’ll always be thankful and grateful for exposing Spinoza to me. Through Spinoza and learning what the emotions are and how to free ourselves from the emotional bondage that enslave us towards everything that stimulates our senses. I’ve learned what Spinoza means about improving ones understanding and importantly how the intelligent part of the mind lives in the reality of the now and looks upon the difficulties and problems in our life as mental-emotional food which is a way to increase self-knowledge and develop mental muscle. In this work it’s possible to come to a sense of self and self-approval that satisfies a deep inner longing to feel fulfilled and settled. This is cosmic ethics that’s available to all and which is deeply embedded in human nature.

Human nature follows the easiest path which everyone normally seeks and are symbols of what is really good for us. We chase after fame, riches, material things, and pleasures of our senses that dominate and occupy all of our time. We are all seeking happiness and want to be special and we were conditioned since childhood about competition, comparison, envy, and hate because we are driven to be the best and being second is not good enough. Many of us are told we’ll never amount to anything or we are supposed to make our parents happy and we spend our whole life trying to please others. We really never develop a sense of ourselves: we end up lost, depressed, angry human beings. We are ashamed of who we are because we never learned how to apply ourselves for our sake and we can never measure up to someone’s expectations of us. We are lost, fearful, and unfulfilled and are ashamed.

However, all is not lost and one can make a new beginning, start afresh and reach out and seek guidance to improve oneself all you have to do is ask for help. Are you ready to live and be a master of your emotions?

Viewing 1 post (of 1 total)
  • You must be logged in to reply to this topic.